I undertake consultancy projects related to private healthcare, health tourism, medical travel and hospital and healthcare project development.
Previously, I was Executive Chairman of LaingBuisson International, and CEO of Intuition Communication Ltd, a web publishing business in the healthcare sector. Intuition was established in 2003. The company owned and operated a network of web sites that provide advice and information for patients in the UK and overseas who are seeking treatment and healthcare services. LaingBuisson acquired Intuition in 2018. Read the press release on the acquisition of Intuition Communication.
Intuition sites included Private Healthcare UK and HarleyStreet.com, the UK’s leading portals for private healthcare services and the rapidly growing medical tourism site, Treatment Abroad. Cancer Advice provides comprehensive information on the diagnosis,and treatment of cancer and is edited by the company’s Medical Director, Dr Nick Plowman. In 2010, Intuition launched DoctorInternet, an Arabic language portal for medical travellers from the Middle East.
In 2009, Intuition acquired International Medical Travel Journal ( IMTJ), a business to business online journal that provides insight into and comment upon the medical tourism industry.
In 2018…. I entered the world of motorsport! Well, my son, Matt did. Find out about an aspiring racing driver with a greed for speed.
I am involved in the local community and in sport in particular through various volunteering roles.
Recent medical tourism blog posts
- 2023… A year of opportunity for medical travel?
- What are the opportunities for outbound medical travel from the UK?
- Does government support for medical tourism pay off?
- How changes in the law drive medical tourism
- How to preserve your medical tourism reputation
- Bringing healthcare to the international patient
- Pent up demand – a medical tourism opportunity?
- State sponsored medical travel… Boom or bust?